From the “Things You Already Know” file: There is plenty of self-help out there – From blogs to memes to Facebook posts. After looking at several, for inspiration, I’ve put together my own list of favorites.
Knowing it is not the same as doing it. We can all benefit from a reminder.
Suggestions for Living a Better Life
- Sit alone, in silence, for at least 10 minutes a day.
- Play more.
- Read something.
- Meditate or pray.
- Spend time with someone over the age of 80 and under the age of10.
- Dream big, and not just when you’re asleep.
- Eat more foods that grow as plants, on trees or in the ground.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Try to make somebody smile.
- Don’t gossip. Much.
- Forget regrets from the past – They will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is a school and you are a student – Be open to learning.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.
- Laugh more.
- Don’t take yourself seriously – Nobody else does.
- Agree to disagree.
- Don’t compare your life to others – You have no idea what their journey is like.
- You are in charge of your happiness – Nobody else.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Accept that things will change and might never be the same again.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick, but your friends will (If you’re lucky.)
- Get rid of things that you don’t use and keep things that bring you joy.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- Do what’s right.
- Be happy.
- Share this with someone you care about.
- The best is yet to come.